Monday, March 06, 2006

Whats in my iPod. A.


Ok so its time for a new segment to the blog from your main web fan letzring. I this particular section I will examine 4 albums per letter (barring that there are 4 for that letter) that are albums I personally enjoy and that anyone out there looking for some new tunes can enjoy these as good picks. This will help eliminate the skepticism before buying a particular album and wondering whether its good or not. First up and in no particular order is:

1. Apollo Sunshine - ST (self-titled) - This is a band with a ton of energy and charisma I had never heard their stuff till I saw them live and even then I didn't know as if I would love it as much as I have learned to love. It is a pych-a-delic folk music album with all the hooks of a pop record giving you something to hum along to. This band opened their show with a cover rendition of R. Kelly's - Ignition Remix. This album is a definite 2 listen one will not cut it and it will then grow on you. So I wont go all the way and give it a 5 star review but the band definently deserves a listen and an album buy I give it 4 out of 5.

2. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - I can not take credit for finding this band on my own I owe that dubious pleasure to my man Ross Moffat he told me about them early this summer I have been hooked since they only had demos out no real studio stuff. Then they blew up over there and have sort of became an underground buzz over here. It is British pop at its best unbelievable in a word. This entire album rocks and rolls til the end giving you the lyrics and hooks to boogie down to. The album holds interest for multiple listens then when you fall in love you will just keep listening to it. 5 of 5. Great!
3. Action Action - An Army Of Shapes Between Wars - This is an album that requires two buys in my mind you first have to buy the first album then this album if you are even going to give this band a shot. Its not a band you just hear one song and love they take a little time and understanding. They are a dark yet melodic synth based rock band. Good vocals and singing the music sounds good on this album. But as I said I like this band so I would naturally think this album is equally good as the first album. But as some other reviews I have read don't feel the exact same way. But I don't know if they think this is their only album or not. So I give this a safe 3 1/2 of 5.

4. Against Me! - Searching for A Former Clarity - WOW! This band has failed to disappoint me with any of the albums that they have come out with. And that has been to full albums and a few EPs. With that said if you are unfamiliar with this band they are a punk band with a statement to be made and usually that rubs me the wrong way, but they do it in a way that isn't right out in your face the entire time. They give you music and lyrics that are interesting and driving playing out like an army in you head. This is their latest release on the indie label Fat Wreck Records and I read that they have signed to a larger label which has been in the mix for quite sometime so I am really excited to see if they come with the same ferocity as they did on this album. 5 of 5. Great record all the way through. Good buy.

Alright well there you have folks the first in a continuing series of posts giving you new tunes to listen to and comment on and share with others if you like. I am proud to say that I have actually listened to all these albums and more than once not just taken reviews from other sites and made them my own. I would love to hear from any of you brave enough to buy these albums. Then comment on whether they are good or not in your mind.
These 4 picks run the board quite I bit with folk British rock punk rock and synth rock. So I tried to give the readers enough of a range to find something they could dig. Not just 4 punk albums. Alright well till that time.
Letzring. Out.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Scotty - The Mule - Dont said...

I would like to agree on LetZ's selection of Against Me. I've had a few of their songs on my playlist for a while now. If you're the downloading type and don't want to buy an entire album, I would look for "Dont Loose Touch" and "Turn Those Clapping Hands into Angry Balled Fists"

That is All ->> RIP Kirby Puckett
S.Dont

 

Post a Comment

<< Home