Friday, May 26, 2006

from the porch volume 1 week 11

I hope everyone understands our decision and my desire to pursue a dream but i'm not here to explain a decision. i here to celebrate a wonderful two and half years of the 73 cent rich/two shot last letter/uncledannies experience with my favorite moments together
1)Our first fan-- kyle and i were practicing in braden garage were it all started and some kid came up trying to sell us candy bars while we practiced. He ask us if we knew any metallica (we didn't) but hey we had a fan

2)our first show in the basement but not show so much but the fact that Marcus nearly burnt the place down holding his lighter right by the ceiling. Side not on this one, that weekend may have been my peek has a ladies man, maybe some day i'll share that story

3) The talent show: two great moments here one was doug, braden, and kyle trying ot jump on stage and then falling on purpose. we thought it was a great joke but no one got it but us and the second moment was klye trying to sing the bed post line from Eve 6 it may have been the worst sung note ever

4)Doug swinging a candy cane around his head at a show in Cedar Falls because the dance floor was empty

5)My self banging away on a 2 foot toy drum set and then Braden golfing it into the wall

6) the cops getting called to come to the hull tap to tell us to keep quiet

7)the band practice wear Doug gave me the nickname "the little oppie that could"
8) the practice were i created the nick name Yoko
9)The night winding down in Scottie don't garage after the show until 5 and i went to Mcdonalds an order a number 10 or something and the lady say sir were serving breakfast
10)the fight almost breaking out at the hull tap last time
11)Dean video taping the davenport show, if you where there or saw the video you know
12) and finally All i have to say is Kimmie

everything is always a work in progress
jp

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Scotty - The Mule - Dont said...

I will follow suit with a few of my favorite moments of the band's short-lived history...
1) Hearing the Riddlin Kids as the first song, and actually singing along
2) Rocking the first piece of band merch as a drum tip necklace
3) Showering after the last 2SLL show, only to get walked in on in my towel, to find out that the after party was here and there was a keg in my garage...HOUSE CUP, FILL ME UP!!!
4) Gettin my dose of Rossco
5) The famous note to Wall after the garage keg
6) Being able to get on stage and drunkening sing "I Feel Fine" with a great group of friends!!!

From the Cheap Seats...Hoping the Curtain Rises Again,
S.Dont

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Wisher Washer said...

Well well i leave for a weekend and comeback to 2 comments wow wa we wa. I got to say the wiffle ball link is something that when all of us eventually live in the same town we become a reality one day. Or at least we can all hope.
Band momments for me there are too many really to sum up.
1. After bowling me singing riddilin kids in a drunken stuper and luckily not remembering making an ass of myself.
2. Band meeting and practices with me downstairs listening with Liston and making comments.
3. First show in the basement and thinking it was too hot and sweaty down there only to move to a larger venue and realize it was too hot and sweaty in there as well.
4. Kyle playing the takamine for one song for the April 1st show.
5. The best shirt ever made for the best made that has my actual friends in it not just people who i think are my friends and i say yeah my friends are in a band.

So a big thanks for making it possible to say "My friends are in a band and they got a show this saturday so i will be heading to that."

I am Hopelessly Hopeful. You're Just Hopeful enough.
Letzring

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite memories
the 2nd set, always. (even though i dont think that counted as a memory for anyone)
franks seventh inning stretch at the hull
kimmie, of course, im 6'4 bitch!!!
eve six covers,
ritalin kids to start it all off
the 2 shots drum set
the longest rendition of nelly ride wit me where everyone was just too drunk to notice that kyle had played the riff for 15 minutes.
everlong.
box of wine.
hull tap pitchers and next day hangovers.
lyrics written on a dry erase marker.
the "mosh pit" at the april 1 show.
WHATS WRONG WITH BEING DRUNK ON A TUESDAY!!
thanx for the times fellas, heres hoping these arent eulogies.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck- dissapointed to hear the news

proud to say that i can't remember much of anything of the gigs. i know i fuckin loved it though.

Cheers for the opportunities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home